About This Group - Joe Wojcicki Bike Repair

Joseph wojcicki
I started this group after receiving bad service from two major bike shops in Orlando. Had I taken time to do research On Youtube I could Have Fixed The Bikes Myself. I had an older Raleigh where the steering had seized up. The guy at the bike store told me I should just throw the bike away. There are alot of valuable parts on a bike you should never throw your bike away. I think he just wanted to sell me a bike I later fixed the issue after watching a youtube video. I took a vintage Schwinn to a shop a year later and I heard that same phrase "you should throw your bike away" I thought where have I heard that before? This bike did have an issue however, the seat was in mint condition, tires and rims mint, paint job, handlebars and shifters mint, no rust on dérailleur. I did fix the bike. Thats when it clicked I have to be knowledgeable myself before taking a bike to a shop. Since then I have taken a repair course I ve got a huge collection of bikes and plenty of bikes just to play around with. `I will be adding youtube videos to a channel Ive set up about bike repair. I will be showing how to do it and some of the problems Ive run into while doing repairs.
The Forum post is edited by Joseph wojcicki Jul 29
You need to be a group member to post.